HERE is a recipe for The Ultimate Christmas Casserole created by Tristan Harris and Paul Tovey.
Christmas Casserole (Serves four)
You will need:
Turkey breast (500g)
Red onions (one large or two small)
Parsnips (three or four)
Sweet Potatoes (three)
Sprouts (15 to 20)
Chestnuts (10 to 15)
Gravy granules or stock cube.
Mincemeat (a tablespoon)
1. Chop your parsnips and sweet potatoes as if you were preparing a roast and parboil them for about 15 minutes. Drain them and with the lid on and shake to ‘rough’ the edges.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C / Gas mark 4. Oil a roasting tin and pour in the sweet potatoes and parsnips. Cover them in oil and roast for about 30 minutes until they go brown.
3, In a frying pan or wok pour in some oil and, after chopping up the turkey breast and red onions, cook on the hob until brown.
4. Pun the turkey breast, red onions, parsnips and sweet potatoes into a casserole dish and cover with the mulled wine. Add a tablespoon of gravy granules or a stock cube and stir. Cover and bake for an hour and 15 minutes – 180 degrees C / Gas mark 4.
5. Add in the sprouts and cook for a further 15 minutes.
6. Add the chestnuts and your tablespoon of mincemeat, stir and cook for a further five to ten minutes. Ensure the meat is cooked through.
Serve with mashed potato and stuffing. Rather than making stuffing with water you can make it in the same way with some of the remainder of the mulled wine.