BIRMINGHAM’S annual St Patrick’s Day Parade has been postponed over coronavirus concerns.
The event, which is the third biggest celebration of its kind in the World behind Dublin and New York, was due to take place on Sunday.
It is attended by more than 100,000 people.
The team behind the parade said the decision was taken n response to feedback from the local community and fears over COVID-19.
The future of the parade was secured thanks to a number of generous and much-needed commitments from new festival supporters Chasetown Civil Engineers and Court Collaboration, who were announced as joint partners earlier in the year.
Festival chair Peter Connolly said: “We are devastated to share this news with you, however, we are committed to providing our city with a belated St Patrick’s celebration that we can all be proud of later in the year.
“We are now working through the ramifications of this unprecedented situation and look forward to coming back with announcements very soon.”
Visit stpatricksbirmingham.com for more information.