DROITWICH SPA ArtsFest will get under way tomorrow with three weeks of mostly free events, including live music, arts, crafts, exhibitions, drama and poetry.
There will be a host of events in the town centre tomorrow. Visit the Droitwich ArsFest launch story for more on that.
There will also be the 300th anniversary of Handel’s Water Music in Vines Park on Monday, July 17. Click here for more on that.
- On Thursday, July 20, William Shakespeare’s ‘As You Like It’ will be performed by MadCap Theatre Productions in St Andrew’s Church.The players from Madcap are renowned for their fun, fast-paced and entertaining stagings of the Bard’s plays, created in a way which makes them easily to understand and enjoyable. The As You Like It show combines comedy, music, dance and physicality within the original script. And with the outdoor setting backdrop, residents are urged to take along their own picnics and seating and enjoy the show. Tickets, including strawberries and cream are available by calling 01905 794952.
- Also on July 20, the Droitwich Folk Club are at Talbot Inn. The free music event starts at 8pm and finishes at 10.30pm. Come along and join the friendly atmosphere at the regular meetings of the Droitwich Folk Club. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- David Izod will be performing a monologue he has written 7pm next Friday, July 21, in the St Andrews Church Parish Room. The new 75-minute monologue is both hilariously funny and desperately sad, telling the story of David’s dad. The event is a ‘pay what you want’ show with a suggested contribution of £3 per person.
- There will be poetry and literature readings throughout the day at 11am next Saturday, July 22, in St Andrew’s Square. The showcase is a free event and performers include Oakley, the current Young Poet Laureate of Worcestershire, Nina Lewis, Antony Owen and Val Harrison.
- Also on July 22, there is a Poetry Extravaganza at 7pm. An evening of poetry, literature and live music in Park’s Cafe Victoria Square. The free event will feature a variety of performers, such as Fergus McGonigal, Maggie Doyle, Mike Alma, Amanda Bonnick, Sarah Leavesley, Nina Lewis, Jenna Plewes, Ruth Stacey, Helen Calcutt, Sheryl Browne, Polly Stretton, Leena Batchelor and Jenny Hope.
- Malvern Chase Brass Band will be in Lido Park at 2.30pm on July 23, bringing the curtain down on the first week of entertainment. It is a free event with a group of people who enjoy playing brass instruments in a band. The band was originally conceived as a school band but has recently changed to include more people who are older than school age.
Visit http://droitwichartsfest.org/ for more on the Droitwich Spa ArtsFest, including dates, times and ticket prices.