22nd Aug, 2019

Elderly man rescued from Droitwich house fire caused by chip pan

A MAN in his 70s was rescued from a house fire in Droitwich yesterday caused by a chip pan.

The incident happened in Waveney Road around 1.10pm.

A crew from Droitwich attended, led the man to safety and then used a towel soaked in water to extinguish the blaze.

Specialist equipment was then used to ventilate the property which had become smoke-logged.

Following the incident, Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue have issued a warning to people when using chip pans.

A spokesperson said: “They can be a hazard. People need to be vigilant and aware of the dangers.

“They should keep an eye on them at all times, not be distracted and not leave them unattended.”

Property Finder 24/7

Search for properties in Worcestershire, Warwickshire and the West Midlands.

Printing

We can provide all of your printing needs at competitive rates.

Online Editions

Catch up on your local news by reading our e-editions on the Droitwich Standard.

Recruitment

Find a career you'll love with our free career finder website.