FIREFIGHTERS had to put out bonfires in Bromsgrove and Droitwich last night within an hour.
In the first in Nunnery Avenue, Droitwich, household waste and plastics were being burned.
Buckets of water were used to extinguish the blaze and advice was given to the owner of the property.
And in Pikes Pool Lane, Bromsgrove, a large bonfire was well alight.
The crew used a hose to extinguish that one.
Earlier this month Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service appealed for people to avoid having bonfires during this Coronavirus.
Group Commander Mick Cadman, of the HWFRS Community Risk Department, said: “While we know that the current weather makes getting out in the garden very tempting, lots of the false alarms we attend are caused by bonfires.
“Equally, bonfires can get out of control very easily.
“Please help us to help you, by reducing any activity that could lead to us being called out.”
Fires could add to respiratory difficulties in those suffering from the Coronavirus.
The fire service issued safety advice, saying if people wanted to burn garden waste they should do it away from buildings, fences, trees and garden buildings.
Fires should not be done on a windy day, flammable liquids such as petrol or paraffin should not be used to start them nor burn foam-filled furniture, aerosols, bottles or paints.
And there should be a garden hose or water nearby in case it gets out of hand and if it does 999 should be dialled as soon as possible.
Water should also be poured on fires when people have finished with them.