A NEW eight-week fitness programme gets underway next Monday, January 22, to help Droitwich residents have a fit and healthy start to the new year.
The Fortis Living project, in partnership with Wychavon District Council and Metta Box CrossFit Droitwich, sees free classes on offer, including Clubercise at Chawson Barn, Group Personal Training in the Community and Zumba at Westlands Community Hall and Yoga Flow at the The Heriotts.
Fortis has been working with the council to help deliver the Get Wychavon Active project from July 2014.
Since then more than 19,000 people have taken part in a variety of sporting activities across the district, ranging from Bhangra dancing to indoor bowls.
Couch to 5k sessions also encouraged 800 previously inactive people to take up running.
Caroline Winnall, Fortis Living’s health and wellbeing co-ordinator, said looking after residents’ health and wellbeing was an important part of their work and the team worked closely with people to understand and respond to local needs in a bid to create successful, resilient and healthy local communities.
The timetable is as follows:
· Mondays, 10am – 11am, Clubercise at Chawson Barn
· Tuesdays, 7:30pm – 8:15pm at Group Personal Training in the Community, Westlands Community Hall
· Wednesdays, 10am -11am at Clubercise, Westlands Community Hall
· Thursdays 10:30am – 11:30 am at Yoga Flow, The Heriotts
· Thursdays 10:00am – 10:45am at Group Personal Training in the Community
There are also two exercise classes which are Free to Fortis Living tenants but for everyone else there is a charge of £2 which is a heavily discounted price.
· Mondays, 6pm – 7pm, Yoga at Chawson Barn
· Wednesdays 6:30pm – 7:15pm, Zumba at Westlands Community Hall
For further information or to book a place contact Caroline on 01905 670258 or search for ‘Fortis Lifestyle’ on Facebook.